Просмотрено 2618 раз, скачано 43 раз
рядом с Collbató, Catalunya (España)
You will find signs with directions at every crossing, so it's really easy to follow. I've uploaded the track just to offer some practical advice and share a few pictures:
- The hike begins at the stairs to the left of the fountain at the end of the main street.
- It's physically not very demanding, but you have to go up more than a thousand steps, which can be rather stressful for your knees. Take it easy, especially at the start.
- The trail can be roughly split into three segments: the first one consists mostly of steps up under the sun, the second one a path through the woods, and the last one again steps up with a few shadows.
- There are no fountains during the hike: bring water.
- Recommended season is from mid-October to May. During the summer make sure you wear sunscreen and a cap.
- From Barcelona you can reach the monastery by a combination of train + rack train. You take the R5 (Barcelona - Manresa) line of the FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat) trains at Barcelona-Plaça Espanya station and step out at Monistrol de Montserrat. There you take the rack train (cremallera) to the monastery. There is a quite convenient roundtrip ticket train+cremallera, which you can buy at the ATMs of Plaça Espanya station.
- To go back to the monastery you can follow back the same track, but I recommend you take the alternative route through the "camí nou/Sant Miquel", which I've uploaded in a separate track ("Montserrat - from Sant Jeroni to the monastery (camí nou/Sant Miquel)").