Просмотрено 423 раз(а), скачено 11 раз(а)
рядом с Kakadu, Northern Territory (Australia)
- A gorge and creek line walk through a remote and spectacular section of Kakadu National Park.
- We walked independently but there are commercial operators that will lead less experienced groups through this area.
- There is a protracted and complex permit application process to negotiate, access numbers are strictly limited (start early). The start point at Koolpin Gorge is beyond a locked gate and a permit is required to obtain a key.
- The start and end point are about 300km apart by road and a 4WD vehicle is required at both ends, we walked from Twin Falls to Jim Jim because the creek crossing to Twin Falls was closed at the time of our walk.
- Weather even in the dry season is hot with temperatures up to mid 30s (Celsius) during the day, fortunately there is lots of opportunity for swimming.
- There are no estuarine crocodiles on the plateau, there may be fresh water crocodiles but we didn't see any.
- The walk from Twin Falls to Jim Jim was accross the low lands, with 3 creek lines to cross, with care we were able to pick a route that didn't involve walking through water, Jim Jim creek can only safely be crossed at the gorge.
- There are lots of water buffalo to be seen along the way, be careful not to startle them.
- There is water along most of the route, with a few gaps while crossing between Koolpin Creek and Twin Falls Creek.