Search for:

Board index  »  Questions, help, problems... all about Wikiloc  »  How to group a track + waypoints

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2007, 02:50 Reply with quote Report this post
You've two alternatives:

1- When you upload a GPS file to Wikiloc that has several tracklogs and waypoints, it appears a confirmation page where you can choose what tracks and waypoints you want to upload. In that page, if you check one track and any number of waypoints between 1 and 50, it'll show up an option suggesting to create a group with the track and the waypoints without requiring any further action from you.

2- The other option is to create the group on the map Actions->Group, you may want to read the help on this subject here: http://en.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/help.do#q21

Hope this new feature make easier organize and group your trails.

Trails from Jordi

Last edited by Jordi on 22 Nov 2007, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 03:57 Reply with quote Report this post
Hi Jordi,

I have a few problems with grouping several tracks together.

Second, when I want to put several tracks together, I dont want to add them to one of those tracks but I like something as a new subfolder.
This isnt possible so i have to upload another waypoint to combine all those tracks to group inside this waypoint.

Third. When the tracks are moved inside a group they appear in a very random order.
Not on alphabetical or date/time added, very weird.

I also like to arrange my tracks or groups. Now they are arranged by the time i have them added.

Cheers, Minko

Trails from de tovenaar
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 11:27 Reply with quote Report this post
de tovenaar wrote:
Hi Jordi,

Hi Minko, first and foremost sorry for being so slow in writing back to you on this...

Quote:
I have a few problems with grouping several tracks together.

The edit page for a track shows a "Save" button at the bottom, when you are editing a group, the bottom button reads "Continue >>" and by clicking it you reach the group contents page (waypoints and/or tracks) where you can easily edit each group component, even remove it from the group. Hope I've explained this clear, I definitely should update the help files!

Quote:
Second, when I want to put several tracks together, I dont want to add them to one of those tracks but I like something as a new subfolder.
This isnt possible so i have to upload another waypoint to combine all those tracks to group inside this waypoint.

This was an option I had to disable temporarily for technical reasons. I've planned to activate it again hopefully in a few days. I'll let you know by then. Thanks for confirming further (I've already received feedback on the subject) that this is an useful feature.

Quote:
Third. When the tracks are moved inside a group they appear in a very random order.
Not on alphabetical or date/time added, very weird.

Group components should appear sorted by the order that you've uploaded them. I'll review this, thanks.
Quote:
I also like to arrange my tracks or groups. Now they are arranged by the time i have them added.

As you mention, the natural order of all tracks in wikiloc is by posting date, latest appear first on the list, on the map and even in the advanced search results. But while seeing "Your trails", right below the left-hand list you may find useful the links to sort all your tracks and waypoints by name, icon, skill, ... this is a recent feature though.

Quote:
Cheers, Minko

Many thanks for your feedback

Trails from Jordi
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2008, 12:17 Reply with quote Report this post
Thanks Jordi,

Another point is: how do I edit a track that is whitin a group?

I can't find any edit buttons - only the group I can edit. Ungroup the whole thing and edit the track and make it a group again seems not a good plan.

Ah I have found it, I didnt click on the continue button when editing the group..on the next page i see now all the individual tracks of this group (in a random order, not sorted by alphabet or date/time added)

Trails from de tovenaar

Last edited by de tovenaar on 21 Feb 2008, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2008, 04:41 Reply with quote Report this post
Hi Minko, glad you've figured out how to edit group components. Yeah I know the "Continue>>" button is a bit misleading, specially if you are used to edit single routes (where the same button reads "Save").

Pretty confusing, I should work in a better way to do that. Specially to be more intuitive in the first time, yep.

I have in mind the random order issue in group components as well, it's just that I'm thrashing lately, but don't forget it.

Thanks much
Jordi

Trails from Jordi