Search for:

Board index  »  Questions, help, problems... all about Wikiloc  »  Who can help me with this error prompt?

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 07:16 Reply with quote Report this post
After I upload the 'kml' file, there is a line of error shown below:

"previewSPA(0) - Request failed. Server response was: 411 Message: Length Required"
However, a preview of trace is shown on the right.

This message is shown in Firefox and IE. So it is browser independent.
It does not like the error in my file since Google Earth can import the file and display the trace.

As I continue with the uploading process, the trace is not show.

Who can help me with this? Thank you!

The URL for the test trace:

<iframe frameBorder="0" src="http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatialArtifacts.do?event=view&id=97970&measures=off&title=off&near=off&images=off&maptype=S" width="500px" height="400px"></iframe>

Trails from Kepler
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 08:28 Reply with quote Report this post
BTW, the traces can be shown in both Google Maps and Google Earth, So I think it is not the problem of the trace files.

Trails from Kepler
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2008, 05:11 Reply with quote Report this post
Hi Kepler, this seems an issue with Proxy servers that kind of block HTTP headers in AJAX requests. But I've found another minor issue related to this.

I've fixed it for your existing traces and will add a global patch to workaround this in the next update to wikiloc, hopefully in a few weeks. If it happens again to you before, just let me know and i'll try to fix it again.

Best regards and thanks for being an active track author in wikiloc!

Jordi

Trails from Jordi
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2008, 07:54 Reply with quote Report this post
Hi, Jordi

Thank you for your help! I can see my trace shown on the map now.
However, the similar problem does exist with other objects in the page. Please see below:

When I click no the waypoint in the map, a balloon with three tabs (Description/Measures/Images) is shown but the content within each tab is empty :? . It prompts:
"fetchTabContents(97970) - Request failed. Server response was: 411 Message: Length Required"

Could you help me with this? Thank you very much!

Kepler

Trails from Kepler
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2008, 09:08 Reply with quote Report this post
Are you behind a corporate firewall or proxy server? Some of these network devices could cause the "411" issue.

It'd be good if you could try the same (i.e open the balloon) from another network, perhaps from home and see if it happens again.

Btw, if you open the "All" trails tab and drag or zoom the map, do you see the 'ongoing request' indicator at the top right section of the screen? (message with green background)

I'm sorry for so many questions but I'm just trying to figure out the cause of the problem to fix it.

Thanks,
Jordi

Trails from Jordi
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2008, 09:32 Reply with quote Report this post
Very appreciate for your fast response!
Yeah, I got the items in the balloon when I used another access without firewall. It must be the firewall stop the message.

Thank you again! :)

A suggestion for wikiloc:
I use a GPS logger which records waypoint once per 5 seconds. When I upload the trace file (.kml), only the first 25 waypoints are left for selection. Could this function be improved so that I can downsample the waypoints when uploading (and the total waypoint number is still not over 25)? Thus I can have the waypoints distribute equally along the trace rather than concentrate at start point.
Or I have to use a third party software to modify the .kml file first and then upload it to wikiloc.

Trails from Kepler
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2008, 10:01 Reply with quote Report this post
I understand perfectly what you try to do but frankly I won't be able to do that in the next weeks. I've added your suggestion to my todo list tough since I agree that in some situations it'd be good to do that.

The current interface is designed to upload the common case of a trail's trace with up to 25 waypoints along it (like fountain, viewpoint, photo, turn, etc...) The older interface allowed to upload unlimited number of waypoints and usually the trails were so cluttered with wayoints that was hard to zoom in to see actually the terrain that the route followed.

But again, this is not written in stone, and I thank you for sharing your point of view/need with us. It is appreciated to define upcoming improvements.

Cheers

Trails from Jordi